Passenger Car Motor Oil Additives
Passenger car engine oils (also called passenger car motor oils [PCMO]) must provide engine protection under a wide variety of conditions, ranging from low temperature, short trip service to extended high speed, high temperature operations. PCMO's use friction modifiers and lower viscosity grades to contribute to fuel economy while controlling deposit levels, minimizing wear, and reducing catalyst degradation.
MCC provides PCMO products based on Chevron Oronite’s technology; products range from fully licensable AP GF5/SN PCMO Dexos 1 Gen 2 additives to economical additives used in older engines and for export.
Combination of superior deposit control additives and unique friction modifier chemistry which provides the performance to balance the demands of improved engine cleanliness and fuel economy
Friction modifiers (FM's) with class leading fuel economy performance
Unique multifunctional oxidation and wear inhibition chemistry with exceptional wear protection, even at very low phosphorus levels
Chlorine-free dispersant chemistry providing superior deposit control and fuel economy
A wide range of detergent chemistries that provide superior high temperature deposit control
High performance viscosity modifier chemistry, meeting a wide range of applications with class leading thickening efficiency
API SN Plus
API SN Plus is a proposed supplemental standard to the API SN specification, which will introduce oils for LSPI (Low Speed Pre-ignition--click here to learn more about LSPI and how to prevent it) mitigation. The designation for this supplement will not impact ILSAC GF-5 or the API Certification Symbol ("Starburst").
Industry Articles on API SN Plus
- ILSAC GF-6 Wear Test Results (Lubes'N'Greases Lube Report America, 3/28/2018)
- Chevron Oronite Confirms its Support and Product Readiness for Proposed API SN Plus Specification (News Release, 12/4/2017)
- API SN Plus: Fast Tracking New Engine Oil Specifications (F+L Magazine, 10/25/2017)
- API Group Continues to Pursue SN Plus (Lubes'N'Greases Lube Report, 9/20/2017)
- Can API Shore Up SN Category? (Lubes'N'Greases Lube Report, 8/23/2017)
- API SN Plus: Timing is Key (F+L Daily, 8/18/2017)
- API to Work on Supplemental Oil Category (Lubes'N'Greases Lube Report, 8/16/2017)
- ILSAC GF-5 Plus: Not if, But When? (Lubes'N'Greases Lube Report, 8/2/17)
- Automakers to API: Update GF-5 Now (Lubes'N'Greases Lube Report, 7/26/2017)