MCC COVID-19 Update
March 25, 2020 - At MCC, the health and safety of our employees, families, customers and colleagues is our top priority. During this unprecedented COVID-19 event, we want to share the actions we are taking to ensure both safety and business continuity for you while allowing you to focus on your business operations without concerns about your additive needs.
As an essential business, MCC is continuing our business operations to provide the high-quality products and services for which we are known. Please rest assured that we are monitoring supply chains to stay ahead of any issues to keep your business operational.
While our full office and plant operations are continuing, we have taken many steps to follow the recommendations from the CDC, WHO and local governments to help flatten the curve of COVID-19, including:
- Halting all company-related air travel as of March 12, 2020
- Restricting access to our offices by visitors
- Ceasing face-to-face meetings with customers
- Enhancing daily office cleaning procedures
- Headquarters office staff telecommuting with full access to all systems
- Laboratory chemists and technicians are working in the lab, using social distancing, enhanced cleaning procedures and staggered work hours to complete testing for reporting
Our customer service and logistics departments will continue to stay in contact with our terminal customers to monitor demand issues; whether it be drops in demand or runs on terminals, we are diligently working to keep terminals operational with appropriate levels of product. Through the actions outlined above, our customers can count on us for uninterrupted service.
MCC continues to monitor the situation closely and adjust practices to protect the safety of our employees, our commercial carriers, and our customers, while continuing to provide mission-critical operation and transparent communication regarding any issues in a timely manner.
We join in wishing all communities safety and health as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve.
Please reach out to your current MCC contacts with any questions, and above all, stay safe!
President, MidContinental Chemical Company, Inc.